Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ribs, Roddick and Ross

It was the annual ribfest in Gananoque this weekend, and after what was a pretty sedentary week last week I took a stroll into the town park this morning to sample what was on offer. I say this morning, but it was actually well into the afternoon by the time I left the apartment due to the length of Roger Federer's fantastic victory over Andy Roddick at Wimbledon. I like Federer so I'm pleased he won, but I was also looking forward to Andy Roddick's victory speech had he emerged on top after that titanic fifth set. Roddick was a guest on the Jonathan Ross radio show in the UK last month, and he'd promised to mention Ross on court had he won, thanking him for all the 'advice' he'd offered during the show. Maybe next year...



Going back to my ribs (which was also the title of Odyssey's poorly received follow-up to their 1981 smash hit Going back to my roots), I enjoyed a rather nice half rack for my lunch, provided courtesy of the Kentucky Smokehouse, which has won the 'Best Ribs' award at the festival for the last four years. There was a long queue outside the Smokehouse, and I felt rather sorry for the other 'ribbers' on site as nobody seemed interested in their ribs, although my sorrow didn't extend to giving them my trade, I have to say. I think I've just about digested all that meat now, and it's my intention to be far more active this week so I will hopefully be able to work off the pork over the next few days.




Maybe I can talk Melanie into a game of tennis when she arrives next week; Melanie doesn't normally like playing, but perhaps I can get her a copy of the Jonathan Ross coaching manual.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008