Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ashes to Ashes

When we first moved out to Canada back in August 2005, England's cricket team was on the verge of regaining the Ashes, and now everything has come full circle as England has once again reclaimed the urn from Australian hands. I missed the climax back in 2005 as a result of our move but today I managed to catch the last couple of hours online, and the fact that I was sitting alone in an empty school in the sub-Arctic didn't dampen my celebrations one bit when Graeme Swann took the last wicket.



In Inukjuak I managed to generate some interest in cricket amongst my students, and although we fell short of being able to create the first Inuit cricket team, I think that those who played enjoyed the experience. I shall be trying to repeat the exercise here this year and, if successful, we may be able to instigate the first Nunavik Test series at some future point in time. For the time being though I shall remain blissfully content to bask in England's glory; all I need now are my boxes...

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008