Friday, February 6, 2009

Snow, sickness and slush

Sometimes you get days or weeks when everything seems to be upside down (unless you live in Australia, where this is permanently the case), and this week has been one such occasion. For me, it began with my stomach being turned upside down - there's been 'a lot of it about' up here recently - the result of which was Monday and Tuesday passing in a hazy mixture of daytime TV and frequent visits to the bathroom; many would say that there is a provable link between daytime TV and frequent visits to the bathroom without the need of a virulent stomach virus, but in my case I can assure you that Regis and Kelly and The Young and the Restless were not culpable.


Aside from my stomach, the weather has also been somewhat upside down this past week. The UK has ground to a halt as a result of the worst winter storms in many a year, whilst up here we have had a slushy machine installed in the Northern store, and now have the incongruous sight of the local kids sipping on said beverages in temperatures that have been hovering around the -25° mark. Takes all sorts, I suppose. 



As the week comes to an end my stomach, whilst not fully back on an even keel, is getting a little better - rather than being upside down it's now merely at a jaunty angle - so I should be able to enjoy my weekend, and I might even treat myself to a slushy...or perhaps not!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008