Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back to work

I'm now back in Kangiqsujuaq, where it's only marginally colder than in the UK (-26 at the time of writing) and although my journey was relatively uneventful, especially compared to the one I made before Christmas, First Air managed to leave my suitcase in Montreal, along with the baggage of many of the other passengers on my flight. It's often a case of cargo or passengers in the North, as opposed to cargo and, but at least I didn't have too many essentials in my case and I can get by until it arrives.

Seeing as half my students haven't yet returned I made today into an unofficial ped day for myself, but it should be back to business as usual tomorrow, or at least as usual as you can expect in these parts. It's always interesting to see just who does and who doesn't return after the Christmas break, both in terms of students and staff, and I know that the school is at least one teacher down due to the fact that the chap who was meant to be replacing my erstwhile neighbour James, who is now on paternity leave, has not shown up.

So, if anyone fancies coming up to teach some Social Studies and Math for the next two or three months, there's a classroom waiting for you...

2 comments:

dave

oh, me me me, pleaaaaase pick me!!!! I sooooo want to teach secondary....

(someone should come up with a font that expresses sarcasm!!!)

ps have a nice return

Anonymous

A sarcasm font! What a brilliant idea!. No honestly. I'm really NOT being sarcastic. PC

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008