Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A kraftsman at work

Well, I haven't burned, melted or vaporised anything since the last post, and I have actually ventured beyond sandwiches since then too. Last night I sampled the delights of Kraft Dinner, which was brave considering the need to boil water, but on this occasion my trusty wooden spoon stood up to the challenge and I was able complete the dinner service without a hitch, although it could be argued that a few pieces of melted plastic may have gone some way to enhancing the flavour.



In fact, I have to say that Kraft Dinner has been one of the highlights of what has been a mundane old week thus far. There's not a lot going on here at the moment, and at times like these one has to resort to making one's own entertainment. I could try to eviscerate another kitchen utensil I suppose, but replacements are just so costly in these parts so that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Then again, it's still only Tuesday...

2 comments:

Anonymous

Hi there,

Your post brings back a lot of memories from my colleges years... (Although, don't repeat it to anyone, but I do indulge in this simple delicacy every once in a while..)

Sometimes it's nice to break free from conventions and let the culinary creativity take over!!!

Just in case you feel at a disadvantage regarding the aforementioned skills(wink), I have included a link that might be of some use in jazzing up your meals! Also, as Chef Raymond used to say: "In a kichen, the possibilies are endless!"

Careful with those self combusting spoons,

Dave

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1605343/creative_things_to_add_to_mac_and_cheese.html?cat=22

Little Messy Missy

I have been reading your posts the last little bit and enjoy them. Keep posting. Try some Franks Red Hot in the Mac and Cheese and you might be able to get it down a little better!

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008