Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year

With the holidays over, the blog is back! I suppose I could have re-run old posts over the last week or so, much in the way that the major networks air re-runs whilst their top shows are in hiatus over Christmas and New Year, but I didn't want to short change you, dear reader. I say the holiday's over, but I actually have an extra week's laze to look forward to, courtesy of a cunningly booked dentist's appointment this coming Friday. I should have flown back North yesterday, but now I will probably not return until Sunday, so I can continue to enjoy my Tim's for a few more days. That said, my trip to the dentist will now hang over me like the Sword of Damocles for the rest of the week, so I suppose it's a bit of a mixed blessing.



Melanie is now safely back in the UK, and I've been entrusted with taking down all the Christmas decorations by myself, always an arduous task. It's always a touch sad to have to 'de-Christmas' the house after all the build-up to the day itself, and you can bet your bottom dollar - or your top one if you like - that I'm going to miss something, and that we'll be finding a surreptitiously hidden snowman or reindeer come Easter. Speaking of Christmas, ours was very good, and involved the usual round of eating and greeting, and public thanks to Tarni and Dave for providing such a feast on Christmas Day.

New Year's Eve was a quiet, 'at home' affair, and I must say that I was most disappointed with the fare offered on TV over here. Nothing to touch Andy Stewart's hogmanay party, and in fact many channels didn't even show anything different to their normal programming. You could very easily have unknowingly ushered in the New Year whilst watching the Sham Wow commercial. Speaking of Sham Wow, I had the privilege of actually using one over the holiday, having anticipated such a day for longer than I care to remember. However, just as in the way that it's often disappointing to meet your heroes, my Sham Wow experience was a bit of a let down. It didn't mop up vast areas of spillage as depicted on screen, and my idea of using miles of Sham Wow as a tsunami defence system looks like it will now have to be shelved.



I hesitate to try Mighty Putty now.

Happy New Year.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008