Monday, January 5, 2009

Relativity Theory

I know everything is relative, especially your aunt and uncle, but I had to grin after reading an article on the BBC website this morning entitled 'More Arctic temperatures to come.' Wondering what environmental catastrophe had befallen the UK overnight, images from The Day After Tomorrow ran through my head as I brought up the page, but once I started reading I realised that I needn't have worried.

"Temperatures in some areas plummeted as low as -8C" proclaimed the article, which then went on to describe how the country had been plunged into near anarchy due to such conditions. I've become somewhat battle-hardened when it comes to cold weather after four winters in Canada, and although I will admit that -8C is indeed cold, I'd hardly call it Arctic. So, whilst I have sympathy for those of you shivering back in Blighty, just be thankful that your cars look like this:


Heavy snow in the West Midlands yesterday

rather than this:


My car last week

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008