Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boyled over

Hot on the heels of Adam Lambert's shock defeat in the final of American Idol comes the news that Susan Boyle, she of a multi-million YouTube hits, has also failed to win the talent show that made her name. She was beaten in the final of Britain's Got Talent by a street dance group called Diversity, who now take away £100,000 (about $175,000) and the chance to perform at the Royal Variety Show in December.

I doubt whether this will be the end for Ms Boyle though, especially when one considers that the winners of shows like these often aren't the ones to go on and and have a meaningful career. Indeed, I saw Simon Cowell interviewed on Craig Ferguson's late night chat show this week, where he stated that he would be very interested in securing the movie rights to Susan Boyle's rise to fame, which would undoubtedly prove to be a very nice money spinner for both parties; in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Simon's already begun negotiations.

Which all leads to the question: who will play the part of Susan Boyle in such a movie, assuming that she doesn't play herself? As I've said before, I think that there's actually more than a passing resemblance between Simon and Susan, but I doubt whether Mr Cowell would be interested in taking the part as he wouldn't be able to wear any of his trademark skin-tight T-shirts.

So, who could it be? How about one of the following:



The Susan Boyle Story - what price on it being titled 'I Dreamed A Dream?' - coming soon to a cinema near you.

I can't wait.

1 comments:

Anonymous

6 million of our finest English pounds has already been connected to Ms Boyle's future career in Show Biz. Unfortunately I don't think she has the mental robustness to cope.
My favourite was Stavros Flatly. Lots of potential there with amusing chorus lines and witty banter. Perhaps Phil would have appreciated the greek joke too. PC

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008