Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fetes accomplis

For the last couple of days I've been kept busy undertaking the arduous task of clearing out the storage unit that we rent (why do we have have so much junk?), but now I've finally got a couple of minutes to bring you up to speed on my weekend. Firstly, I got to see my friend, Chris Koster, in concert on Friday night. Chris is an inordinately talented musician; his music deserves to reach a far wider audience than it already does, and Friday night's show saw Chris and his band in top form (I'm not being paid to write this, honestly). Go check out his website - if you visit the 'music' section, you can download a few tracks - and in the meantime here's an acoustic version of Montreal:



The following day saw a complete change of pace as I attended Maplecrest-Sempar's school fete. It was a splendid occasion, and the many highlights included throwing wet sponges at Milo, riding a horse and getting to sit inside a Bison armored personnel carrier that had been brought to the fete by two army officers from the base in Kingston. They had just come back from Afghanistan, and whilst I may not agree with the reasoning behind why we actually sent troops there in the first place, I have ultimate respect for the men and women who have to do the fighting. They also showed us some video shot when their convoy came under fire in Afghanistan, which only served to raise those respect levels a further notch higher.




Puts my battles with the storage unit into a different perspective, don't you think?

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008