Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sunday with The Boss

Melanie comes out to Canada exactly two weeks from today which, whilst an obviously exciting and long-awaited prospect, means that I will have to start thinking about tidying the apartment soon. In all seriousness the apartment is actually quite tidy, but I guess that dusting and vacuuming are both going to have to become more than monthly events.

Speaking of Melanie, I was very jealous of her this weekend because she went to the Hard Rock Calling event in Hyde Park on Sunday, where she got to see, amongst others, the Dave Matthews Band and Bruce Springsteen play. Springsteen is an artist that I've grown more fond of over the years (mainly because Melanie keeps making me listen to him), and if one thing is for sure then that's the fact he always delivers when he's onstage. He played for well over three hours on Sunday (after having done the same at Glastonbury the night before), and both he and his band clearly just love performing.

Here's a clip of Outlaw Pete from Sunday's show (don't worry, the person who was filming eventually realises which way up to hold their camera) and if you watch closely, you will see Melanie's hand at around the 2:53 mark as she gets her camera back from the lady who's sitting on someone's shoulders:



Oh, and I've also been told that you should listen to The Gaslight Anthem; they come from New Jersey, like Bruce, and they also played on Sunday and were very good, so I'm told.

There, now I've told you.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008