Monday, September 28, 2009

Lucky there's a family guy (unless you live in Venezuela)

With my back still very sore I bit the bullet today and made my way - gingerly - to the nursing station after school, in order to see if they could prescribe me any ointment or cream to relieve the pain. I was given some anti-inflammatory tablets and I've tried rubbing some on my back but they don't seem to be doing any good so far. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

On a lighter note, yesterday saw the first show in the new season of Family Guy, and I must say that it was one of the funniest episodes I've seen in a long while, although I'm not sure if the Disney Corporation would agree! It's at times like these that I'm glad I don't live in Venezuela (not that there actually are any other times when such a thought crosses my mind), because Family Guy has actually been banned there due to the fact that it 'promotes the use of marijuana.' In the past, The Simpsons was also banned as it 'sent messages that go against the education of girls, boys and adolescents.' Guess which morally righteous and uplifting show they put on instead...?

Baywatch.



Venezuelan boys will now have something uplifted, but I doubt it will be their morals...

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008