Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One year on

It's actually a year now since I started this blog, and lo and behold we're still going strong, or at least still going. This time last year I had no idea how much longer I was going to be working in the North, and when you fast forward to the present day I am still none the wiser. Yesterday Melanie started her new job as principal at King's Town School in Kingston, so you never know, I might be able to work for her next year! Until then though I am committed to the North, and although I really enjoy the teaching job I have here, it would be rather wonderful to be able to work alongside Melanie again, or at the very least live in the same house on a regular basis.

This is now my fifth year of living and working in Canada, and for four of those five years Melanie and I have had to live and work apart, sometimes on different continents. At least we are now back in the same time zone though and who knows, perhaps next year we will be in the same postal code. For now though we will continue to rely on the wonders of modern telephony to keep in touch, and the blog will continue to serve as a window into my world up here.

Here's to the next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous

Happy Blogday! Always keen to read the next episode. I hope you have a hard copy somewhere that you can publish someday and retire on the proceeds! Give our love to Melanie and wish her luck in her new job. PC

Gideon

The book of the blog is very much a possibility, but as to whether I'll be able to retire on the proceeds...well, we'll have to wait and see!

Love and luck passed on to Melanie.

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008