Thursday, April 1, 2010

A moving story

Climate change has long been affecting the way of life in the North, and this was further evidenced by the news that we all received this morning. It would seem that the permafrost has now melted to such an extent that most of the housing here will have to be condemned as the foundations are now too unstable, and as a result we are going to have to be housed in igloos until the problem can be resolved.



This is obviously a most inconvenient situation and could well affect my ability to update the blog as getting a reliable electricity supply in an igloo is not always possible, but I will do my best to keep you all informed of any developments. For now though I will just have to start packing and hope that I am given an igloo big enough for all my things.

Not the best start to the month, eh?

4 comments:

Unknown

tee hee :)

Unknown

Apparently MSNBC reported this morning that Canada has purchased 50% of Hawaii.

Does that make Barack Canadian?

Vikki

You're retarded!! Hee hee!! Keep writing - I always have a good chuckle reading this.

Anonymous

Right-oh. I'll concede the finger pull was not a leg pull. It didn't reach my inbox until 'today' hence the cynicism! But this one must be a wind-up.
We have been bombarded with so many today, such as; the AA taking on rocketmen to reach stranded motorists in traffic jams, scientists being able to switch on a dormant gene in ponies to turn them into unicorns, and, my favourite, Gordon Brown resorting to a Putin style macho make over to take on Cameron in a wrestling match! PC

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008