Monday, April 12, 2010

The odd couple

Most of the teachers who went south for Easter returned yesterday - I say most, because there are still one or two who, for various reasons, are not back yet - and with James and Sophie already having returned my house sharing adventure with Jacob has now begun.

As I have said before I am ostensibly a private person, preferring my socializing to be done on my own terms, but when one considers that my reintegration into society is now less than a month away, a little company is probably not such a bad thing. I used to love watching The Odd Couple when I was growing up, and over the course of the next few weeks we'll be finding out which one of us is Felix and which one of us is Oscar.


On the work front, most of my students don't return until tomorrow so I had myself a personal ped day today, and with this Friday being Culture Day I only have a three day teaching week this week. Nice. So, bearing in mind the possibility that I might actually be leaving a few days earlier than planned - more on that later in the week (maybe) - I make it that I have just thirteen, perhaps fourteen, teaching days left in the North. It's the beginning of the end...

4 comments:

Anonymous

You will keep writing your blog, won't you. PC

Gideon

As long as I have time; depends how hard my new principal works me!

James

We're going to miss you, G. But, as you probably know, Sydenham is North of the 401, so, some consider it Northern Ontario.

Gideon

...so I won't need to change the title of the blog!

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008