Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thoughts of summer


To quote a line from Les Miserables, it was a case of 'Empty chairs at empty tables' at school today. Still no students, and I had to spend the day looking busy by re-filing last year's paperwork and tapping out important looking missives on my laptop. My thoughts drifted back to the summer, and particularly to the week in August when Melanie and I ran poor old Barry off his feet. Barry was visiting from the UK for ten days, and in that time we fitted in the following:



- A performance of Les Miserables in Gananoque



- Dinner at the 360 Restaurant atop the CN Tower



- A Blue Jays game



- A Hippo Tour around Toronto



- Becoming last minute audience members at Canadian Idol (don't ask!)




- A canoe trip on Charleston Lake

- A Great Big Sea concert in Buffalo


- Niagara Falls and all the necessaries, plus...

- A helicopter flight over the Falls, and...

- White water jetboating on the Niagara River!




Now, that's a chronological list, and I'll leave it up to you, dear reader, to rearrange it in a suitable order of preference. I think Barry had fun, but we certainly did!



Oh, by the way, still no cargo, but I now have a phone, although Bell might take two weeks to hook me up; it's a long way for their man and his ladder to come, you know...

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008