Monday, April 20, 2009

And everybody lived

I am very proud of myself today.

I am also very relieved.

I had guests over at the weekend, and I cooked for them; I'll just give you a moment to take that in....Now for me, cooking is very much the equivalent of landing a man on the Moon. No, I don't mean the 'being faked and it didn't actually happen' part; rather, it very rarely happens and takes a huge amount of planning when it does.

I admit that I did receive some help from Betty Crocker in making part of the dessert, but I made pizzas from scratch and I also baked a rhubarb crumble, which was very much a first and actually came out very well indeed, even if I say so myself.



But the most gratifying part of the whole experience was that, upon my return to work today, my weekend guests are still alive and well.

As is my motto in the kitchen, any meal that you can walk away from is a good meal.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008