Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The heat is on

Things are hotting up here at the moment, both literally and metaphorically. The temperature climbed to +1° yesterday, which felt almost tropical when you apply the Law of Relativity (that's my Law of Relativity, not the other guy's). I was able to walk to school with coat unzipped and my stride was most certainly on the jaunty side of normal; temperatures are set to drop over the remainder of the week, but at least for now it feels like spring is most certainly here and summer is on its way.

However, to offset the good weather, problems with the internet have most certainly been making most of us decidedly hot under the collar over the past few days. We are now entering a fourth day without any service at home, and I'm writing this using the connection at school, which thankfully is separate from the one that serves the town. It's at times like these that I realise just how much I rely on the net for information, entertainment and communication, especially in my relative isolation here, and one can only hope that we will be reconnected soon. It does mean that I can't possibly pay any of my bills online at the moment though, so every cloud does indeed have its silver lining!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008