Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bringing down the house

Another boring weekend here. I remember that time seemed to freeze (along with everything else up here) last February, and the same thing is happening again. Maybe it's got something to do with Groundhog Day at the beginning of the month. I watched that film with my students this week, and I was tempted to show it again to them the next day, and the next, and the next. In the end I decided that, as much as I love the film, you can have too much of a good thing, although it would have made planning for the rest of the year a far easier affair.

In other news I see that David Kiely, the banker caught on camera looking at those naked images on his computer screen last week, will be keeping his job, but in future he has to keep his employers fully abreast of what he downloads at work (that joke copyright Dan Roberts). And I loved this story; Canada's finance minister, Jim Flaherty, partly destroyed an igloo at the G7 summit in Iqaluit when he made a mess of trying to exit through the narrow doorway. It takes hours to build an igloo but it took Flaherty seconds to wreck it; kind of a nice allegory for what's happened to the North over the last fifty years.

4 comments:

Unknown

You stole my line! :)

Stand in the shadow of my 'naked' anger ;)

Gideon

Dan

I have now amended the post to give you full credit for that line!

Little Messy Missy

You should have messed with kids minds, how stimulating it could have been!

Unknown

ROFL... you didnt have to do that, I was only kidding!

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008