Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pancakes and podiums

Canada secured its second gold of the Olympic Winter Games yesterday when Maelle Ricker came home first in the women's snowboard cross, and whilst events such as this and the moguls - which sounds more like an adversary in Star Trek: 'Captain, we are being hailed by the Mogul vessel' - might not be in the traditional Olympic mould, they are certainly highly entertaining to watch.

It was also Shrove Tuesday yesterday, and armed with Melanie's recipe I ventured into the kitchen and attempted to make - and toss - my own pancakes. They didn't turn out too badly, but I will be the first to admit that there would have been no awards for artistic impression:




The proof of the pudding is in the eating though, and they were quite palatable once laced with a bit of jam and a sprinkling of sugar. I did have some lemon juice in the fridge for a more authentic topping, but on closer inspection of the bottle I realised that the sell by date was back in September so I thought better of it. Maybe I can try to pick up a lemon from the store here and have another go at the weekend; let's see how brave I feel.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Bob Marley pancakes are best ... with jammin! PC

Unknown

Can you afford pancakes now that you have made an offer on a house down south? :) (Mel made me say that... after I made her a lovely pizza meatloaf dinner!)

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008