Monday, February 1, 2010

Grin and bear it

It's not every day that you get a phone call warning you not to leave the house because there's a polar bear outside, but earlier this evening that's exactly what happened. My first instinct was to get outside and go and look for the thing, but then I took time to consider the situation and decided against it because:

a) it's pitch black outside
b) it's about -30
c) all I'd have with which to defend myself should I actually encounter said bear would be the set of mini screwdrivers that I got in a cracker at Christmas

So consequently I remained indoors, and indoors I remain - obviously, as I wouldn't be typing this otherwise - awaiting news of the fate of the bear. Maybe it will remain on the run all night so that we won't be able to go into school tomorrow, but I wouldn't bet on it. A more likely scenario is that, in the next day or two, I might be able to add polar bear to the list of foods that I've tried since I've been in the North.

Maybe it'll go with Kraft Dinner...

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy

I wonder if it tastes like chicken?

Gideon

Not sure whether it does or not, but at least everybody gets a leg.

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008