Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bliz-zard with a vengeance

As I write, Inukjuak is in semi-lockdown as a blizzard sweeps through town. The start of the Ivakkak was postponed and school was closed this afternoon, giving us the other half of the blizzard day that I mentioned in the last post. My house guest, Gail, managed to get her flight out of town, but I think she must have only just made it as I doubt there is anything able to fly now, other than the odd plastic bag, candy wrapper or old lady that I can see swirling past my window. Things are meant to subside during the night so we might be back to normal tomorrow, but there is always the chance that school might be closed in in the morning, so we can but pray.

Pray for school to be open of course; I'm nothing if not professional!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008