Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday service

Finally, after three days, my sewage tank has been emptied. Saturday morning was a harrowing time as I watched the yellow 'poop trucks' circle around outside, and they seemingly visited every other house until one eventually broke ranks and delivered me from my sewage-induced nightmare. The house opposite actually received two visits in the space of half an hour before my tank was emptied, leaving me thinking that either this was now all getting somewhat vindictive or that poor family had a serious case of the runs. Either way, I don't really think I want to know the answer.



The Ivakkak is on a rest day today, and there was sad news yesterday as one of the competitors, Harry Okpik (remember him, the man with one leg?), awoke to find two of his dogs dead; apparently, many of the male dogs have been fighting over the few females in heat that are taking part in the race. On a more positive note my pre-race pick, Willie Cain Jr, currently leads the field, but with the race not quite at the halfway stage yet it's a bit early to be heading down to Ladbrokes to collect my winnings.

Only one full week until the Easter break now, and with our school year ending in May, the tunnel where there is apparently light to be found should you travel to its end, is almost in sight!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008