Thursday, March 12, 2009

Five day weekend

Towards the end of February I lamented about the unchanging weather and hoped that March would bring us our first blizzards of the year...

...they're here!

We've had worse in the past, but as I write I can just about make out the house across the street (and it's not a very wide street), whilst the (fool)hardy souls that are actually outside very soon fade from sight, as if devoured by some all-powerful white mist; imagine Field Of Dreams, but substitute snow for corn and you'll get the picture. I've still not located my keys, but I've had some spares made up, and if I lost the originals outside, well.....there's no hope of finding them now!

We also have a ped day tomorrow, and when you couple this with the fact that I was off sick yesterday, it's like having a snow and spew induced March break (OK, I didn't actually spew yesterday, but I like the alliteration back there so indulge me).

So how does one use such unexpected time off? Enroll in that online Masters course, possibly? Finish reading that book on the Zen of seal hunting perhaps? Finally get round to sorting out that mountain of unpaid bills? Maybe I could give the apartment a good clean? Or how about putting in some microwave popcorn and catching up with all those episodes of CSI New York, NCIS and Bones that I've recorded and haven't watched yet?

I'll let you decide...


0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008