Sunday, March 15, 2009

Trivial Pursuits

The blizzards have now subsided, and I am currently enjoying the last day of my five day weekend. As with most Sundays, I've spent a very hedonistic day in front of both the television and the computer - often at the same time - and what an educational experience it's been. I've watched documentaries on spontaneous human combustion, the building of Heathrow's Terminal Five and the Tunguska blast of 1908, learned how compact discs, snowboards and contact lenses are manufactured in a programme called How It's Made - which, highly ironically, was followed by a show entitled Destroyed In Seconds - and I've also found out that chewing gum was the first product to be stamped with a barcode.

Who said that television rots your brain?

0 comments:

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008