Monday, March 30, 2009

The unluckiest man in the world

Having spent a fair amount of time of late bemoaning my lack of sewage collection, I recently read a story about a man whose level of misfortune far outstrips anything that lady luck has ever thrown at me (or anyone else, for that matter).



Tsutomu Yamaguchi is a 93 year old Japanese citizen. On August 6th 1945, he was on a business trip to Hiroshima when the United States dropped the first atomic bomb. Despite suffering from horrific burns to the top half of his body, he braved the devastation looking for a way out of the city, and the next day he managed to get on a train that took him back to his home...

...in Nagasaki.

Read Mr Yamaguchi's full story here.

3 comments:

Anonymous

I was going to make some suitably facetious comment, as is my way, but then I read the full article in the Independent... Very moving.
Speaking of movement, he says, reverting to type. What do they do with lorry loads of poo in the frozen north? Wait 'til it freezes and turn the frozen blocks into igLOOs? Gnarf, gnarf! PC

Gideon

I guess in the end your comment was kind of 'faeces-tious'!!!!

Anonymous

oooh- that "stinks" DR ps - looking forward to the return of the native!

Blogger template 'SebiruDaun' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008